Keeping the Nocturnal Souls infrastructure up and going is a priority. Thankfully, everything’s being run by a bunch of computer geeks… and we’re a bit retentive about uptime.
- 2x dedicated servers each with 128GB RAM, RAID 10 SSDs for each mount point, redundant power supplies, and redundant NICs.
- Servers and network infrastructure supported by dual UPS units giving approximately 60 minutes of uptime in the event of an outage with custom server message spam that the servers are coming down in the event of an outage.
- All databases backed up every 15 minutes and shifted offsite every 30 minutes with automated restore tests once a week.
- Onsite technical support (aka: it’s in someone’s basement for now; dedicated datacenter location coming soon.)
- All zones (maps) are operated on independent servers to enhance uptime and user experience (if one zone crashes, none of the other zones go down).
- All services are constantly monitored for uptime every few seconds and restarted immediately if errors occur.
- Separate development, test, and production environments to aid in content creation and testing.