Mythic weapons are originally from the Treasures of Aht Urhgan expansion and Nyzul Isle dungeon. On Nocturnal Souls, we have a unique way to acquire and upgrade them starting at level 99.
Acquiring the Base Mythic Weapon
Mythic Weapons, also known as “The Myriad Arms of Balrahn” are twenty weapons (one for every job except Geomancer and Rune Fencer) obtained from Zeni Notorious Monsters.
The base weapons are drops from the Tier III ZNMs.
|Weapon||Weapon Type||Job||Drops From…|
|Great Axe||Warrior||Armed Gears|
|Staff||Black Mage||Mahjlaef the Paintorn|
|Sword||Red Mage||Gotoh Zha the Redolent|
|Scythe||Dark Knight||Gotoh Zha the Redolent|
|Sword||Blue Mage||Khromasoul Bhurborlor|
|Hand-to-Hand||Puppetmaster||Mahjlaef the Paintorn|
|Staff||Scholar||Mahjlaef the Paintorn|
Mythic Weapon Trials
Mythic weapons they can be further reforged through their level 99 variants with Magian Mog CJ in Ru’Lude Gardens.
To start a trial, trade your item to the proper Magian Moogle to start the corresponding trial.
- If you are upgrading to the next tier of trials, you need to trade the item TWICE (once to finish the current trial then once to start the next trial).
- You can type
!trialat any time to check your progress in any custom trials on the server.
- You can type
- You may only have one Mythic Weapon Trial active any one item at a time.
- Relic, Empyrean, and Aeonic Weapon Trials do not count against this.
- When you take up a Magian Trial, you must perform a specific task a certain number of times in order to complete it.
- Each trial has specific conditions that must be met before it can be completed. See the flow chart below for what NM’s or item is required to upgrade to the next level.
- Trials involve defeating a number of Notorious Monsters with the item equipped or trading Tanzanite Jewels to Magian Mog CJ.
- When trading the Tanzanite Jewels to Magian Mog CJ, you must trade the jewels first, then the weapon that you are upgrading for the trial.
- You will not receive credit for trials that involve killing monsters if the monster is defeated while you are out of experience points range.
- You will receive credit if you are K.O.ed.
- The weapon must be equipped in order to receive credit.
- Weapons that are dual wielded in the off-hand will still receive credit for kills.
- Once a trial has been completed, trade the item to the Magian Moogle to receive the upgraded weapon.
In order to progress to the next level there is a pool of Notorious Monsters you can choose from in order to advance. You can choose to kill any of them, the only requirement is that you kill a total of nine from the appropriate tier. For example if you wanted to upgrade your Conqueror, you could kill Brass Border six times, Dextrose twice, and Velonis once. You will have successfully completed this stage of your Conqueror upgrade since the total number of monsters defeated has reached nine.
While the first and second trial ZNMs are spawned, the third trial ToAU kinds are each on a one hour respawn timer.
|Brass Borer||Iriz Ima||Velionis||Zareehkl the Jubilant||Dextrose||Iriri Samariri|
|Achamoth||Armed Gears||Nosferatu||Experimental Lamia|
|Hydra||Cerberus||Khimaira||Gulool Ja Ja||Gurfurlur the Menacing||Medusa|
|Tanzanite Jewel x50|
|Level i119 III|
Players hunting the ToAU kings (Hydra, Cerberus, Khimaira, Gulool Ja Ja, Gurfurlur the Menacing, and Medusa) should be wary–these monsters are significantly higher level than retail.
It’s assumed players are already using i119 weapons of some sort and have on at least Reforged Artifact +1 gear to bolster their accuracy, evasion, and magic defense.
Mythic Ranged Weapons Trade-In
Players can now trade in their completed Mythic ranged weapons to Oboro and receive an augmentable version of the weapon and an ammo quiver/pouch. The belts/quivers have no stats and provides TWO stacks of 99 ammo on use. This applies to:
- Death Penalty
Mythic Aftermath Enhancement
Mythic aftermaths, in general, are difficult to properly use as they provide their bonuses UNIQUELY at each aftermath level and subsequent levels of aftermath overrides the prior.
For example, Yagrush provides magic accuracy at aftermath level 1, melee accuracy at aftermath level 2, and the “occasionally attack twice/thrice” buff at aftermath level 3. Getting aftermath level 2 then removes the buff provided by aftermath level 1.
This leads many players to avoid these weapons as it’s hard get 1000-1999 and 2000-2999 each and every time if players are trying to get a specific buff.
To that end, these aftermaths now work similar to the relic and empyrean aftermaths where each level includes the prior aftermath level’s buffs. Using Yagrush again, at aftermath level 3, players would gain the magic accuracy, melee accuracy, and “occasionally attack twice/thrice” as part of their aftermath.